Search This Blog

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Oasis 29 Indian Tacos, Nixon, NV

9/1/14

For any years I have stopped at this taco truck in the desert on my way to, or (more often,) when I'm leaving the Burning Man festival.  Oasis 29 is one of the longest standing seller of Indian tacos and fried bread that I can remember seeing in the desert.  My husband has enjoyed stopping here with me for several years as well.  Before all the sellers of bright lights, car washes, and other items started popping up, Oasis 29 was cooking authentic Indian tacos, served with meat or beans (vegetarian) on a hot fried bread.



$7






They have a shaded area to sit out front and they put out fresh cut onions, homemade salsa, and a couple of hot sauce bottles to garnish your fresh taco.  Chairs and tables are often full. Luckily the food doesn't take long to make and most people are gobbling it down quickly, so it doesn't take long to find a seat.

This is definitely one of the freshest places to get an Indian taco.  While I assume many other of the spots are great also, sometimes you pull over for the tempting "Indian Taco" sign, and you get a family selling tacos under an umbrella out of a cooler.  I stick to Oasis! They are fondly visited every year that I'm in the area.


Shaded seating
 

No comments:

Post a Comment