Search This Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Los Chismosas Taqueria, Concord

9/16/15 - Los Chismosas Taqueria, Concord, CA
1955 Monument Blvd
Concord, CA 94520

This small taqueria sits in the Four Corners shopping plaza at the Monument and Oak Grove Rd. intersection. It's across the street from Milo's Lounge (http://www.yelp.com/biz/milos-lounge-bar-concord) which may be important if you want a beer with dinner. I think I saw sangria in their soda fridge, but I don't recall seeing any Coronas.

My husband and I came in for dinner tonight and I ordered 3 tacos ($1.50 each): pollo (chicken), carne asada (beef), and adobada (seasoned pork). They didn't have a fish option or a veggie option (perhaps they will add to their menu as they grow). I also didn't see guacamole on the menu (side note: today is National Guacamole Day!) but you won't need guacamole with your chips if you like spicy salsa. Free chips are served to guests dining in the restaurant in a basket with a large bowl of a red salsa that was more like a hot sauce. It was a really liquid consistency, but maybe that's to protect the consumer - this stuff is spicy!! They also have two bowls of salsa on the counter (the type that they make the salsa in by smashing all the ingredients on the rough walls of the bowl). When they bring out your food they include two more hot sauce bottles (both a red and a green), plus they have a variety of premium hot sauce bottles on each table.


It's a family owned restaurant and so other menu items may appear and the salsas may change based on ingredients/tastes; and so far, so, so good! Our tacos quickly came out with steaming grilled onions on top. Each taco is served on two small, fresh, corn tortillas, and they pile on the meat and fresh onion/cilantro topping in large mounds on the warm shells. Really great value and the food was delicious. Honestly, I was so in love with the salsas and hot sauces they could have served me anything and I would have been drooling, but the tacos were indeed very tasty.

My husband finished both of our glass-bottled Coca Colas and I'm not sure that did a lot to help put out the fire in his mouth. And for me, the heat level was PERFECT (which means it is definitely spicy!!) - so I'll be back here again very soon!





1 comment: