Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2016

Luvo Vegetable Bibimbap frozen entree

12/31/2015

I won a month of free food from Luvo Inc., including a variety of frozen entrees and burritos. As a sort-of "thank you", I thought I'd review and share each meal I try!

Two boxes of food delivered yesterday meant a freezer full of choices today. I picked the Vegetable Bibimbap to try first.

This gluten-free box is loaded with brown jasmine rice and a half cup of vegetables, including chopped zucchini and carrots. The box warns that it "packs some heat" too. I microwaved for 6.5 minutes at home because I was too hungry (and impatient) to cook for 30 minutes in my oven. I'm glad I followed the instructions to place the pouch on a microwave-safe plate because a little juice leaked out of the steam-filled bag while it cooked. Oh, and did it smell good!

I poured the contents into a bowl and dove in with my fork. First bite had me surprised by the flavors! It does have heat - and I LOVE spicy food! Also, the zucchini pieces really did what they box promised: they were "steamed to perfection"; not mushy at all, and very full of flavor! Bamboo shoots and carrots also gave nice texture to the meal. Other vegetables and seasoning include: shitake mushrooms, Napa Valley cabbage kimchi, green onion, kale, chili peppers and garlic.


The meal was light and low-calorie. Only 270 calories, 10 grams of fat, 460 mg of sodium, 39g carbs, and 6g protein. I don't really calorie count, so I have to instead say that I just felt good after eating it. About halfway through eating I added a splash of white vinegar, which also tasted good mixed with the other flavors. There are no artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners. Only 4g of added sugar, and non-GMO soy and oils.

I was really impressed with my first selection. I went running (2.75 miles) not long after eating and didn't feel too full or weighted down. It wasn't greasy and it tasty fresh. Vegetable Bibimbap would probably be too spicy for my husband to enjoy (he does NOT like spicy!) but it was terrific for me. It was the right amount of food for my afternoon, and it was delicious. Can't wait to try more!

No comments:

Post a Comment