Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Seng Salee's Seasonal Strawberry Stand, Dixon

7/6/14

Seng Saelee sells some seriously sugary strawberries!

We stopped at this stand after filling our tank at the gas station next door. I love small produce stands because of the freshness and quality. I bought some strawberries, a couple elephant garlics, and some sweet potatoes. In retrospect, I should have used some of the water they offered to clean off one of the strawberries and taken a bite. Had I done so I probably would have bought every berry they had left! Every delicious berry.

They were perfectly sweet and moist! Probably the best berry I've ever had, aside from growing them in my own front yard. Even my produce market (with amazing, fresh produce) had nothing on these. If you're driving by, STOP and get some. The prices are low and the quality is high. The elephant garlic was also amazing - wish I saw this more often. I use a million cloves of garlic every time I cook anyhow, just a couple of these babies would be so much more convenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment