Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Taqueria Los Portales No. 2, Hayward

6/25/13
Fresh salsa bar
HABANERO CARROTS ON THE SALSA BAR

I don't even know how I'm going to decide where to eat next time I'm in Hayward. I love the Hawaiian BBQ place in this plaza, but just tried this Taqueria and it was wonderful also!


I ordered a vegetarian crunchy taco and a carnitas soft taco. Husband had carnitas and shredded chicken soft tacos with sour cream, and a fountain soda. He paid $19.83 but then asked for a detailed receipt. The girl gave him one and he pointed out that she had charged us $13.90 for burritos. Instead of refunding that amount and charging him for the tacos like he asked, she handed him $6, which she said was the difference. Whatever. We sat down and moved in on the complimentary chips and salsa bar.

The hot salsa was great. Verde was good too. My favorite thing on the bar was a mix of thinly sliced habanero peppers with carrots and onions. They had the traditional jalapeno carrot mix as well, but this was so much better!

Carnitas soft taco
The tacos were really good. Fresh tortilla taste on the soft one. The veggie taco had beans in it and they were to die for. So much flavor! I'm not even a big fan of beans but these totally stood out. They forgot the sourcream and cheese on one of my husband's so he returned it for the add and the cook came out and apologized. That was nice. Only one star lost for the experience at the register.


Crunchy taco


No comments:

Post a Comment