Search This Blog

Monday, November 24, 2014

Los Pinos, Port Chicago Hwy, Concord

11/11/14





I have enjoyed this little spot for a few years - they have very consistent service and quality. I only order their tacos and hit up the salsa bar.

On Saturday morning my husband made the mistake of asking what I wanted for breakfast. It was almost 11 am, and I responded tacos.

We were near Los Pinos so we stopped in, even though I could tell it was NOT what he wanted for breakfast.


 I ordered two veggie tacos (soft) and he had 3 carnitas, which he ordered well-done, hoping for crispy meat.






We both started with our own basket of chips. The salsa bar has fresh limes (and lemons) and pickled jalapeno/onions, and 4 different salsas. Usually I really enjoy their salsa, but it was really watered down this time. All of them except the tomato/marinara-like one. The salsa verde and the hot salsa were both like water. They also have a pico de gallo that's okay, but I was pretty disappointed with the hot. (Chips were good though!)

My two veggie tacos were beautifully made though and made up for the salsa. Husband had 3 soft shells that were kind of crispy, but soggy meat, so perhaps they misunderstood his special request.  My tacos were super duper good and I'll definitely return to this place for more of them when I'm in the area.


No comments:

Post a Comment