Search This Blog

Monday, March 2, 2015

High Hopes Vegan Bakery, Summerville, SC

2/28/15

Upon hearing news of a friend's misfortune, thoughtful individuals will  often visit, call, send flowers, send cards, or sometimes even send delicious treats! I recently received the worst news possible, and a couple of days later I found a small box in my mail.

I hadn't eaten in almost two days when I opened the box . Much to my delight there were six chocolate cups inside (three plastic packages with two cups each). The cups were filled with amazing chocolate chip cookie dough. After my husband and I shared one of the large treats, we looked back in the box and found a note telling us my cousin Laine and her husband were the senders (they live near Seattle), and that the High Hopes Vegan Bakery in South Carolina was the baker.

Had the company name not included the word vegan, I would have never ever guessed these weren't milk chocolate cups with the gooey, delicious filling. Perhaps because it's been so hot in California and we weren't home for a few days, the chocolate melted a little and lightened in color, you can tell they're dark chocolate in the pics online. They honestly would be the perfect sweet for vegans or non-vegans alike. It's the best vegan dessert I've ever eaten.

I contacted the business on facebook and asked where the desserts are sold - the owner sells on Etsy (https://www.etsy.com/shop/HighHopesVeganBakery?ref=l2-shopheader-name). Her shipping is really reasonable, especially because she ships priority and the orders go out quickly. She'll even do custom orders, in addition to the cookies, cupcakes, cinnamon rolls, donuts, and other items she bakes. There are gluten free options on top of all the cruelty-free selections. This was a really wonderful gift to receive and they really brightened my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment