Search This Blog

Monday, March 2, 2015

Young Spa, Concord

2/28/15

After a really tough day yesterday, and a slumber party at a friend's house last night, my husband and I set out on foot to eat breakfast and get a massage. After eating, we crossed the street and entered Young Spa. The front desk was empty but there was a price list and we decided on a 60 minute oil massage for $45.

A woman eventually came out and sort of just stared at us. I initiated conversation and told her what we'd like, and she just looked really confused. She kept looking back and forth at us, so I pointed to the price sheet. A single man walked in at that moment and asked if a specific female was there. A door in the hallway behind us opened and said woman came out and led the man toward the back. We still had received no response, so I asked if they had time for two one-hour massages. The same confused look was our answer.

We sat down in the two chairs in the lobby, unsure what to do - would there be a wait? Would someone else come speak with us? I felt really dirty just being in there all of a sudden. We called a Lyft driver to pick us up and take us home. The man who came in after us left about the time our ride picked us up. Weird - I didn't see 15 minute massage on their list of services.

No comments:

Post a Comment