Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Arepas Bululu, Santa Clarita

6/18/13
TRADITIONAL VENEZUELAN CUISINE (Food Truck)

I love when I'm at a festival and see a mobile restaurant with a non-traditional food for sale. Don't get me wrong, I love a good, crispy corn dog and a soft serve when I am at the fair, but I also like trying new things.

Arepas Bululu is a newer company and their third event was catering at the Cajun Festival in Isleton (2013). I hope they did well competing with the crawdad sales for business (we had already eaten a giant turkey leg, and unfortunately weren't hungry enough to order the Venezuelan food). I stood in their line for a lemonade and was happily surprised with the refreshing blend of flavors in my $2 cup.  One of the ladies working came around and asked if I'd like more ice in it. She happily added some which was really appreciated on the hot day.

Their food looked outstanding, and hopefully I'll see them around at other local events.

No comments:

Post a Comment