Search This Blog

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Cat Town Cafe, Oakland

10/26/14






I love my little rescued kitties and I'm glad to know that many others will find loving homes thanks to shelters like this one.  The open-room atmosphere is great for getting a better look at a






cat's personality outside of a metal cage.





The cafĂ© was busy because yesterday was their grand opening.  I had a 3 pm appointment with my husband and a friend who volunteers as a foster mom for this group. I ordered a tea while we waited. ($2.50 for a small cup). It was served scalding hot so I had a hard time drinking it (even holding it was difficult). I didn't put a lid on it (trying not to be wasteful of plastic) so I just tossed most of it when it was time to go into the room with the cats. You can take your drink in with you, but only with a lid, and it needs to be set on trays while you interact with the cats.

The decorations are wonderful and the cats seemed lazy and stress-free, like they should be. There were lots of nooks for sleeping, playing, and hiding.  Hopefully the loving people running this place will find permanent homes for lots of pretty kitties.

No comments:

Post a Comment