Search This Blog

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Guacamole Authentic Mexican Grill, Concord

10/9/14

This restaurant recently took over a Thai place that had been here for the last few years.  The customer service was awesome and I loved hearing it's a family owned and run place, but the food was just kind of average.













With all the local taquerias a mile away, I'm surprised that this place would dare shell out tiny 1-2 oz plastic containers of salsa to go with the chips.  How wasteful is that. Plus, the tiny bit of salsa didn't go very far.  With our chips and guacamole  ($5) we had three containers of salsa, which were then thrown in the trash. I hate this kind of wastefulness.  Also, I asked for a hot salsa, but was given the same mild, or perhaps that was their hot, and it wasn't hot.  On another request for hot I received a bottle of Tapatio. Okay...


I had a carnitas taco and a crispy potato taco (which they specially made me even though it wasn't on the menu). Both were okay. The crispy taco had almost no lettuce but the potato was good.  My husband had a breakfast burrito but he really disliked the amount of chorizo and the lack of eggs.



Fresh flowers on the tables are a nice touch, but I'd rather see a roasted jalapeno and radishes on my plate.  For authentic, cheap Mexican food, Monument Blvd. has a lot of great choices. This place is going to have to make a few changes to keep up with all that awesomeness.




No comments:

Post a Comment