Search This Blog

Monday, January 12, 2015

Taco Del Sol, Ensenada, Mexico


12/26/14

After a few hours of walking around the streets of Ensenada, I realized how hungry I was and how excited I was to eat some authentic Mexican tacos and salsa. We stopped at a small taqueria and waited several minutes at a table out front, before moving on and finding Taco del Sol. I looked over the tables out front and accepted seating here after seeing a few salsa bowls sitting next to each basket of chips.





















Tacos a la carte were cheap (just over $1 each), margaritas were around $6 each and were delicious (not too much Sweet n Sour, like we find at home).  Live music was played around us, and wifi was free (but the connection was really hard to keep so I wasn't about to send any emails or facetime with my cat-sitter).


The restaurant manager (or owner maybe?) was dressed in colorful running shoes with a matching shirt - we bonded over the fact that runners have to wear bright colors in order to avoid cars - a truth both at home in CA and here in MX. He was very fun and friendly. Food was great too - my shrimp taco and fish taco were both fried and very tasty. The fresh tortillas were the best part. I live close to a tortilleria that makes homemade shells, but the ones we had at Taco del Sol were so so so much better. I don't know what the difference was, but I've never had tortillas as good as these. The salsa was good too. Three salsas were brought out with the chips, but our server was happy to specially make one extra hot for me.




















Lots of stickers from racing teams and Baja 1000 participants adorn the door at the front of this establishment. It's a great spot for racers and vacationers alike. There weren't a lot of casual taco places on the main road through the shopping/hotel region of Ensenada, so I feel really lucky to find a place this great!





No comments:

Post a Comment