Search This Blog

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Buffet City, Concord

4/17/14

My husband is right. I was wrong. There. I said it.

This place has gone a little downhill. I insisted for the last week before last night's dinner here that "no, everything is the same. It's so good!" And then, as I chewed calamari strips just a little too chewy, and swallowed oysters just a little too smelly, I started to get that feeling that I was going to have to admit "Casey is right, and I am wrong."

Now, I will say that they still have a great variety of foods, but the scarce diners perhaps mean some of the dishes are sitting out longer than others.  Plus, last night, my favorite dish (the green beans) was gone, replaced with bok choy and also asparagus sections. A couple of the items were still enjoyed by us (me moreso than Casey). He did like the chicken on a stick.  I'm more of a seafood person so I enjoyed the crab puree in the scallop shell (I think that's what it was). I also liked the sashimi, and some of the shrimp dishes.  The clams in the shell with jalapenos is probably my favorite thing they serve.

At the end of my meal I had miso soup and a salad.  Believe me, I didn't leave hungry! Service was okay. Then it came time to pay: they don't take Discover; or Visa gift cards. But you can get 10% off for checking in on Yelp.  Two dinners and one soda was still $25 though - and now I feel it's just "average", so I'll save my buffet dinners for more worthwhile ones (like when I'm in Vegas!)

Of course, I grabbed a cotton candy on the way out, which means I left smiling... and that's always a good thing.   :D

UPDATED FROM PREVIOUS REVIEW ON 11/26/2012:

I think something is wrong with any yelper who gave less than 5 stars but perhaps i'm generous when I'm reviewing a buffet - since you have an idea of what to expect anyhow. It's buffet; not fine dining.

Holy buffet! this place is amazing. I came here a long time ago and remember thinking I didn't want to reurn, but we gave it another try the other night and I can't stop thinking about all the good food. I will never go to another dinner buffet around here. This is the BEST.

Everything was fresh, hot, restocked quickly. There was a huge variety of food and options and even the salad bar was amazing. Cotton candy dessert! So much seafood. I'm salivating on my keyboard... (note: since you don't typically leave a cotton candy machine just running unattended, ask for service with this item and they are happy to make it for you. it takes about 45 seconds.)


Check out the pictures of food items - too many to describe - they honestly have everything. (or go in and walk around). Amazing!!

Even our service was really great. The girl helping our table sat and talked with us for a while about Black Friday deals she'd purchased. She had lots of time to talk since I made 6 trips back up for food!! it was a record for me!!

Discount opportunity! 10% off right now if you check in on yelp and show them your check in offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment