Search This Blog

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pizza My Heart, Burlingame

4/13/14

I can remember spending summers at the beach in Capitola, walking along the village shops, reading on the sand, swimming in the Pacific Ocean, and eating slices from Pizza My Heart.  The small store there was really just a counter where you could view the slices they had an order what you wanted. If you wanted a to-go box there was a small deposit, otherwise it was served on a paper plate (one slice per plate because of their size). The pizza was always fresh and delicious.

So when I was searching places to eat as we neared Burlingame I was shocked to see "Pizza My Heart" come up on my phone.  My husband confessed he'd never eaten at their other location so we headed to downtown Burlingame and walked in to what was surprisingly a very large restaurant.  A man working told me an even bigger one just opened in Santa Cruz!! Can't wait to see that one also.

We each ordered two slices.  Which I must say is quite a feat to devour. (For me anyhow, husband had them down pretty quickly.) The Big Sur was my favorite.  A huge slice of garlic chunks... and some other stuff.  Huge roasted garlic pieces sat on top of the crunchy crust with other veggies and some sausage.  My second slice was veggie only (pesto maybe?) Also very good.

We bought matching shirts for $1.75 and an habanero hot sauce bottle for $1.  They have to hot sauces but I liked the spicier of the two much better.  The place was clean, service was super friendly, and the pizza was served hot and well-done upon request.  I'm wonderfully excited to have once again had a slice of delicious pizza served with a side of wonderful summer memories.  Congrats to them for being able to expand.

(PS - Pizza My Heart: Please come to Walnut Creek, where we really lack in delicious pizza like yours!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment