Search This Blog

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Slicer Pizzeria, Oakland


4/13/14

All of the good pizza joints exist on the West side of the Caldecott Tunnel. While I enjoy slices here in the East Bay from time to time, nothing compares to the great spots in Oakland and Berkeley. Another new find for us was Slicer Pizza!

We enjoyed a couple of slices at Slicer Pizzeria in Oakland, before hiking the hills of Mountain View Cemetery not far from their location.  I had a kale/mushroom slice and a slice with asparagus pieces.  My husband had a couple of sausage slices.  All were $3.50 a slice.  I had my reusable water bottle with me and they had pitchers of cold water which made it convenient for me to refill mine when it was empty.  My husband bought a bottle of Coke for $1.75.  We sat inside the small place and found a spot at the window where we watched the people walking by out front.

The pizza was thin crust, there was only a little sauce but lots of veggies on top. Neither of us liked the thick outer crust very much. It would have been better with some tomato sauce or something to dip it in, but we ended up just tossing it. Service was just kind of standard for an order-at-the-counter sort of place. Not particularly friendly like I would have hoped for our first visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment