Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

California Sun Dry Foods, Danville

4/30/14

I love fresh tomatoes, but there's something about the flavor of sun-dried tomatoes that is distinct and equally enjoyable for me. (Plus, sun dried tomatoes are even healthier than fresh ones).  It's also nice when I buy a product that say's "California grown" - from a local company.

CA Sun Dry tomato halves are my favorite of their products. I don't even rehydrate them with warm water, as the packaging suggests.  Sometimes I cook with them, sometimes I just eat them out of the bag.  They fresh-tasting, seem to last forever, and have tremendous tomato flavor.

The package of sun dried tomatoes has a recipe on back, but you can also call the company directly for more recipes. [(800) 995-7753] The company employees will personally take your call and you can even leave a message after hours.  That's so awesome.  I generally look up recipes online if I'm thinking of cooking something new, but being able to call a company that distributes sun dried tomatoes, for a sun dried tomato recipe, just seems smarter!

I buy my packages at local Lucky's Supermarkets but hopefully CA Sun Dry Foods is carried through a wider variety of grocery stores.  Eat their healthy product, and then call the nice employees and tell them how much you like it. It's fun to give compliments! Especially when they're deserved! Thanks for the yummy, healthy snack food!

No comments:

Post a Comment