Search This Blog

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Vineyards Restaurant and Bar, Crowne Plaza, Concord

4/10/14

Well people's opinions of this place are really all over the place.  I am definitely glad I don't have an! reason to return for another four years!
I was at the Crowne Plaza with my boss for a full day notary renewal class.  (Taken every four years) The class started very early so I stopped at their bar for a coffee at the beginning of the day.  I enjoyed that they asked if I wanted room left for the chilled cream. I did.  I drank this cup before class started and went back to the bar.  I knew I would need another so I purchased a second cup.  At our first break, I returned for a third which I wasn't charged for, but the girl said I'd be charged for the next one (I used my same cup each time). So perhaps I shouldn't have had to pay for the second one? Not a big deal, not much money.

The boss didn't want Taco Bell for lunch (it's across the street).  I'd been thinking about it for hours, and honestly, I just didn't have any good memories of eating at Vineyards in the past, but he was buying so I wasn't going to be picky!  I ordered a buffalo wrap with a side salad and he ordered a Cobb salad. Both were over $10.  Several minutes after ordering, he asked me if there was blue cheese crumbles on the salad. I told him I thought there were, but the waitress said there were not.  His salad arrived with tons of blue cheese crumbles, and they'd forgotten the bacon. He sent it back and we studied for the class and waited as they remade it.  It returned to the table corrected but our waitress walked off before he realized he now had no fork.  He was given a fork as she was setting down the bill.  A long time later we chased the girl down to run our credit card.

Aside from the service, my food was just okay.  I don't order wraps often, but this one had way too much wrap and not enough filler. Stuff it with some lettuce or something! And the salad included was in a teeny tiny cup. Impossible to eat out of so I dumped it onto my plate. Almost nothing there.  For what we paid, the quality of the food, and the service, I would definitely recommend a crunchy taco across the street to any friends asking about the restaurant.

Note:  It is very pretty inside the hotel, and the restaurant is in a very pretty spot with water around it and relatively comfortable seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment