Search This Blog

Monday, April 7, 2014

Brown Paper Tickets, Seattle, WA

4/7/14

I recently bought tickets for myself and two others to see the Acro-Cats show in SF. (Yes, a cat circus).  This weekend I received an email saying that the show we were scheduled to see was cancelled and to please call about my purchase.  The email had no phone number or contact info. So I search my email box, found my original confirmation email, and called the #800 number to switch the dates/times.

After the inconvenient switch of show dates/times (easy on the phone, just inconvenient to the weekend we've made plans on), I asked for the confirmation number (assuming there would be a new one confirming the new show date).  The customer service rep let out a sigh and said "you just gave it to me". Whoa! Calm down, sister.

I was told the other two people would have to call in separately to change their tickets, which seemed totally inconvenient to make us all call in and a waste of time for everyone, including the company, so I asked if she could help.  Emily took care of this for me but not without a bunch of unnecessary attitude.

No apology for the show switch. No thank you to me, the paying customer for my patience. No stars for customer service.  Hopefully the show will be better than the experience of buying the tickets for it.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good use of social media. Kudos, Amy! Hopefully someone in HR or customer service will see this post and apply some much needed training.

    ReplyDelete