Search This Blog

Monday, April 28, 2014

La Botana, Concord

4/22/14

Oh wow. I know they just recently opened, but perhaps opening day should be postponed until they are able to serve tap water. I'm not much of a soda drinker (unless it's in a glass bottle), so I typically don't have to pay for my drink with lunch. I love tap water - especially with some citrus squeezed into it.  But I was told they only had bottled water. I paid $1.25 for a plastic bottle of water. I assume this is an issue with not having glasses to serve water in? I have no idea!

Not having a veggie or potato taco option was a big disappointment. I ordered one carnitas and one chicken. ($2.50 each) They were out of carnitas so I eneded up with two chicken.  Complimentary chips and salsa were brought to the table.  The salsa was very mild - chips were OK.

The place is small, only a few tables inside.  My food was out quickly and had the same mild salsa on top of two housemade tortillas.  The tortillas were good, chicken was OK.  1 slice of lime and a halved radish were also on the plate. The man inside who seemed to be in charge brought me a napkin and checked to make sure everything was good. As I left, a man outside suggested I get my car washed at the 76 next door.

If I return here, I'll DEF think ahead and get my car detailed. Their prices are super low (I think he said $15 inc. interior vacuum, rims, etc.). But since I love spicy salsa and a fresh salsa bar, they might have a hard time keeping my business.  If you live in the area it's worth checking out this new restaurant, but it was no comparison to my favorites on Monument and Contra Costa Blvd.




No comments:

Post a Comment