Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Vista Del Lago, Visitors' Center, Gorman

8/6/13

My husband and I randomly stopped at this visitor's center on our most recent trip over the Grapevine. I hadn't even been in here before and we were really just pulling off to get a pic of Pyramid Lake, but saw the center and stopped. So glad we did!

It is a huge educational center and it's free to walk around. They have lots of displays and several are interactive. I work for a law firm that deals primarily with water law. Interestingly, there was lots of information about water companies and water districts throughout our state - several of which we actually represent.

It was a really fun stop and the views are great. They even have the over-sized binoculars you can look through (also for free) on their back porch. Pull off the I-5 next time youre on top of the Grapevine and enjoy yourself.  If you have enough time, I think it's only $8 for access to the Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment