Search This Blog

Monday, April 28, 2014

Sweet Tomatoes, Pleasant Hill

4/27/14

Salad might be one of my favorite things in the world.  Not lettuce: salad! I like every vegetable, so when we arrived, I knew to take only little tiny bits of each thing, but still had a full plate when I reached the register. I took a little of everything, and it turned into a LOT.  Next time I come I might not even waste my time with the salad.  Because after we paid and rounded the corner to the dining area, I realized I really wanted soup!

We sat down and I returned to the soup station. I poured a bowl of Asian Ginger broth, added some carrots and green onions, and then stared at all the other choices. Clam chowder sounded so good also!  I went back a third time before sitting down and fixed a small plate of rice, mac n cheese, and a lemon-asparagus pasta.  I really enjoyed all of these!  A piece of garlic cheesy bread topped off my plate, and I was ready to feast. 
I didn't want to be wasteful so I finished my salad plate, and my soup, and my pasta, but had no room to go back and try other soups.  I did leave some room for a mini chocolate ice cream cone, which I ate as we walked out.

I thought it was very clean, both in the salad preparation area, and the dining area.  Our plates were cleared promptly.  We filled our own drinks and I went through a couple of refreshing glasses of non-sweetened iced tea.  I was also impressed with the variety of salad toppings and how fresh they were.  They were all sliced into little pieces, which was also nice. I hate when I get large pieces of lettuce or green bell peppers that are too big for a normal forkful. All in all, glad I returned to this location after so many years, and I won't wait so long to return again.

No comments:

Post a Comment