Search This Blog

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Beauty Lounge, Palos Verdes Mall, Walnut Creek CA

12/15/13
While shopping in Palos Verdes Mall yesterday, I ashamedly lowered my face as I realized how long it'd been since I'd touched my eyebrows. My last wax was below the belt and I hadn't even thought then to touch up my brows, since I've been trying to grow them out and hopefully get some shape out of them.

Husband and I walked in and saw several people waiting with drinking in their hands and small, personal bowls of peanut snacks. (Shared, community bowls that you sometimes see at bars kind of freak me out). We were immediately greeted by a girl who appeared to be finishing her shift. Even though she was walking out, she stopped and asked us if we had an appointment. We did not. She asked what service we needed and we said we both just wanted our brows waxed. Sitting next to us was Janelle, and she said she could fit us both in before her next appointment (in 20 minutes). So cool. I hadn't even thought to make an appointment.

Janelle really listened to me as I told her that Caitlin had previously talked with me about growing out my brows for better shaping. I told her I don't use a brow pencil (because I don't know how) :) and she then took her time waxing, plucking, and shaping! I was really happy with the result. I then enjoyed watching her work on Casey. She even asked me how I wanted his waxed, telling him that I'm that one who has to see them. Love her. We both left looking and feeling much better. Less than $20 each and awesome service.

We then sat down at the bar and asked bartender/owner Mark about the $1 drink check-in offer on Yelp. He said that they no longer offer this, but he honored it for us anyhow. We enjoyed a glass of champagne, turned down the little peanut bowls, and talked with him while we relaxed. It was a great way to start our afternoon.

I also saw a stylist named Robin who I met once before at Katy's Kreek http://www.yelp.com/biz/…
and he even paused with his client and gave me a hug! xoxo

6/18/2012 Experience:

I came in here last week and had my eye brows waxed and shaped by Caitlin.

I had last had my eyebrows done about 8 months ago. I usually do not go that long between waxesI had gone to European Wax Center on Ygnacio Valley Road and they recommended that I wait several months before returning for a wax in order to properly shape my brow.  I had no reseason not to go back there, but was interested in trying somewhere new. I've met an associate of Beauty Lounge (Jared) but I don't know him well and so I emailed him and asked if he could recommend one of his staff to work with me. He suggested Caitlin for what I needed done.  I'm glad he did!

I was very happy with what Caitlin did and I look forward to returning in a few weeks for her to go at it again.  I told her that I'm getting married in five weeks so it was important for me to feel my best.  She explained what she was doing and what type of wax she would be using, etc.  She also gave me a brief work (and life) history. She was very pleasant to talk to and I will definitely be back to see her again.

I mentioned to Caitlin that I'm interested in getting highlights and she recommended a girl there and told me a lot about what she does and how that's different from other stylists.  I appreciated the explanation.

I was in and out in a short period of time or I would have stopped to enjoy a drink at the bar they have in the front.  Next time for sure! What a terrific idea! ($7 mimosa)

No comments:

Post a Comment