Search This Blog

Monday, December 23, 2013

Tokyo Playground, Dublin

A yelp event in May 2013 brought me here - I knew that Karma Lounge sat next to Buffalo Wild Wings, but didn't realize it has fuzed into this Japanese scene.

The food we sampled at the event was great and we enjoyed some drinks from the bar. Most notably were the female staff in their cute uniforms. They weren't just there to look at though. The girls were all hard at work and friendly. I talked to several of them and they were all nice and happy to tell us about Tokyo Playground.

Not sure if the area we used as a dance floor is always open but at night there's a great spot for dancing and comfortable seating all around the room, including some private booths that overlooked the open floor. A bar and sushi bar sit next to one another.

I used to live in Dublin and I imagine if I still did I'd make a point of coming here often for dinner, drinks, and dancing if it didn't close down. It was a lot of fun. And we didnt' even have to miss any of the games that were on because lots of screens had the sports going! Score! The large screen of music videos to go along with the DJ was pretty cool too.

No comments:

Post a Comment