Search This Blog

Sunday, December 15, 2013

City of Petaluma, CA

12/12/13
Butter and Eggs Day Festival takes place here every year and it is pure awesome. There's a parade, free butter to eat, and poo tossing competition. I have a terrible problem with eating butter by itself, so this really, really makes me happy.

My husband is from Petaluma. He's very close with his parents so we get to visit them up the hill in Victoria quite often. Several parks near their house, and an awesome water tower (yeah, I like water stuff.) They actually just purchased a new home on D Street, where all of the beautiful Victorian beauties are (literally only a couple of blocks from where they live now.) It is rumored a Giant's player lives on the same street.

I love when we visit - it's so fun to go downtown and get ice cream, walk by the river, play pool, hit up the cool bars like The Hideaway. It's such a pretty downtown. I'd only driven thru a few times on my way to Dillon Beach before I was married. Now I'd really love to move to the North Bay and it'd be so fun to live close to his family in this awesome little town!

There are two high schools (Petaluma High and Casa Granda.) There's are beautiful golf courses (one course's country club hosted Petaluma High's class of 2002 10-year reunion). Parts of American Graffiti, Basic Instinct, Flubber, Peggy Sue Got Married and more movies were filmed in Petaluma. There's a horseshoe court at McNear Park and we've participated in a couple tournaments. And best of all, the people are really awesome. I love all the friends I've made in Petaluma. Particularly, the one who gave me his last name.

No comments:

Post a Comment