Search This Blog

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Elegant Nail, Concord, CA

12/9/13
I can't say "run, stay away!" because it wasn't that bad, but unless I was in a pinch and needed quick service I prob wouldn't return here. It's unfortunate because I live across the street. I actually purchased my home 3 years ago today :D and this is the first time I've been in here.

Husband and I came in together on a Saturday afternoon and the two people working were the owners. They've had the place several years, which we only knew because I asked. Aside from my questions to them, we weren't once engaged in conversation. $30 each for a mani-pedi, and absolute silence.

I had Mr. Owner working on me, and Casey had the wifey. My guy took his time with foot massage and I didn't feel rushed at all, and I quite enjoyed the little reflexology moments with his gentle snapping of my wrists and ankles. BUT he rounded my toenails before I could stop him, never asking if I wanted them squared.  :(  So instead of a French pedi like I'd planned I just went with solid pink. On my toes and thumb skin, tiny sprecks of polish remained after he was done. Not a lot, but I am pretty good with polish and prob could have done an equally imperfect job on my own at home. Mani was a little rushed in comparison to pedi.

I think $30 is a good value for both services, but I've def had better service at other salons.

No comments:

Post a Comment