Search This Blog

Monday, December 23, 2013

Monument Grill, Concord

12/23/13

We went in for breakfast and we'll have to return for lunch in order to give this family business a second chance.  Our breakfast was taking place close to noon and there were several patrons seated in there.  We ordered at a counter after staring at an overhead menu.

I ordered three eggs with an English muffin and hash browns. Husband had two sausage, two bacon, three eggs and hash browns with sourdough. I ordered my eggs over-medium and him over-easy. I'm very particular about NO runny whites and all three of my eggs were under-cooked. I had to keep pulling the runny white aside because I just can't eat it. Unless it's in cookie dough, of course.  :)  We also ordered our hash browns to be extra browned. I said burned was okay because it's like food establishments just refuse to make them crispy. While they arrived with a sorta browned outside, they were cooked in such a thick pile that the middle was all just white potato flakes. Neither of us were very happy with these.

The bacon was good - not very fatty which was a nice surprise and cooked very crispy. Sausage was linked and okay. Sourdough toast was great. But the English muffin was like a knock-off English muffin. I can't explain it but it was very disappointing and I didn't eat it.

The prices were great and the place was clean. I even had a pineapple slice from each of our plates that was tasty and sweet. I'd give it another try but only because the nice guy working the register said it was his family's place and I like supporting the local families. His mother (I think) was cleaning a table and checked on us to ask how everything was. I told her that about the undercooked eggs but didn't really get a response. I was done eating by this point but thought an apology was at least appropriate. She was certainly keeping the place clean though. Will go again, eventually.

2 comments:

  1. @ Amy I apologize I didn't hear you about the problem you had on your breakfast. If I knew that day I probly made you and your hubby new food or at least give you refund back. Again im so sorry I didn't hear you. Cuz all I heard your husband say everything ok. Again im so sorry. We will make sure our best to serve everyone better and make our customers satisfied and happy for our services.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to reply, Maria. We really do look forward to returning for a spectacular lunch. You have wonderful reviews and it means a lot that you took the time to respond to one person's opinion of breakfast. We'll be back in for sure :)

      Delete