Search This Blog

Monday, June 2, 2014

Carl's Jr., Lodi

6/1/14

Carl's Jr. is pretty great for fast food in general, but we were particularly impressed when we stopped inside this location for a dine-in dinner after a day at Lake Camanche.  We were tanned and tired and just wanted to get some food in us before we got home.

I ordered two beef tacos (crunchy) with refried beans substituted for beef. It was a little confusing when I ordered because they also have crunchy tacos, which have no meat (2 for $1) - I could definitely see myself ordering this sometime, since they have the salsa bar and the pico de gallo could be substituted for the meat/beans, but I was a little too hungry to decline protein altogether so the beans were perfect!

My husband had a $6 burger with criss-cross fries.  I was staring at the sign for fried zucchini when our food arrived, and a couple minutes later I found a zucchini circle that had snuck into his fries!! I was super excited and it was delicious.

The place was very clean - floors were clean, tables were clean, surfaces and area near the drink fountains were clean. We were probably the dirtiest things in there :)  Roy was the person who took our order and he was very polite and assertive. He brought us our food as well, and offered us dipping sauces, which he also returned to our table.

One of my tacos had almost no lettuce in it (the other one was perfect), but with refried beans inside this makes for a very dry taco, even with all the hot sauce I added. I went up to the counter and asked for more lettuce and paid less than $0.50 for a side of lettuce. It was a big box of it, even though I explained it was just for one taco.  I ate it all since I paid for it, but felt like it should have been free.

I love when Carl's Jr. locations have Green Burrito inside, and it's especially nice when you get good service and the place is clean.  Well done, Lodi!

No comments:

Post a Comment