Search This Blog

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Los Cuatro Vientos, Reno, NV

6/14/14

We left the Peppermill in Reno in search for tacos.  I love finding small hole-in-the-wall places while out of town, and Los Cuatro Vientos looked promising!  We parked our car out front near a line of motorcycles and bikers milling around a lounge next door. A lady biker pulled up on her Harley in super high heels - quite impressive. Some of the biker men had giant knives at their sides.  I liked this plaza!



Inside the taqueria there were a handful of tables, and I took it to be a good sign that most of them were full.  In between the tables there were lots of noisy children running around. We walked to the counter in front of us and placed our orders.  Since veggie tacos were not an option, I ordered 1 carnitas, 1 pollo, and 1 carne asada ($1.60 each). We sat next to the salsa bar - perfect! My love of chips and salsa is even greater than my love of tacos.

Looking around the place I noticed dirty floors, but the tables were clean. I used the restroom and it was clean (ish). It's not somewhere you'd want to take an important client, but it IS somewhere you might pick up for to-go if youre trying to impress someone. Because oh, man! When the food came, we were quite impressed.

It takes a lot for me to give high praise to a taco, but the ingredients were fresh, the meat was moist, and the salsa bar was terrific! The chips were light and tasty also. We were full when we left and I would absolutely return to this place and recommend it to others.  The staff clears your plates for you (probably why the tables were clean), unlike places where people bus their own plates, and leave food behind on the tabletop.  Service wasn't all that friendly but we gave them huge smiles and words of praise as we walked out. Get some!

No comments:

Post a Comment