Search This Blog

Monday, June 2, 2014

CHOW, Bend, OR

6/2/14

Chow restaurant front yard

We arrived in Bend at midnight on a Thursday, and woke up Friday morning (5/23) ready for our first experience in Oregon.  Our friend Cameron suggested Chow, since it's his favorite place.  We had a group of 5 adults and two dogs, and arrived to find there was a wait, even though it was a Friday morning and not a weekend.  After the short wait we were seated on the patio in the corner, perfect for the big dogs to be able to lay behind us.

I went excited for breakfast but the lunchtime Crispy Crab Sandwich ($12) caught my eye and I had to have it.  Also on our table were my husband's biscuits and gravy ($9), the Benedict special ($18) ,burger special ($12), Sampson ($14) and a salmon bagel ($6). Hot chocolate ($3.50 - the only item that I thought was ridiculously priced), a house infused bloody mary ($9) and 3 crater lake bloody marys ($8 ea). We have no idea why one of the Bloody Marys was more expensive, or which one it was.
 
Biscuits and gravy


Our service was great through the entire meal (Brittany was our server but lots of other staff came and checked on us too);  most impressive was the food. I loved every plate on the table. Yes, I took bites off of everyone's plate! It was all fresh tasting and crispy and well-cooked. My crab sandwich was a large portion and the crab was delicious. The potatoes served with the Samson were crisped and browned and perfectly seasoned. The gravy was creamy and the Hollandaise was light.  The bloody marys were really good too with pickled veggies on top and inside.

Crab sandwich


I'd definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Bend. I really wanted to return while we were there, but also wanted to keep trying new places. Can't wait for my next trip to visit our friends and eat here again.

($109.50) total for breakfast
Samson

No comments:

Post a Comment