Search This Blog

Monday, June 2, 2014

The Melt, New Montgomery, San Francisco

6/1/14

My husband and I have driven through SF together so many times and seen "The Melt", but never had the opportunity to eat at one. So when I was at a focus group in SF back in April, I was thrilled to see that I had to walk past this location to get back to the BART station.

Kai took my order of the Shroom ($6.95), with a free add of fresh tomatoes and jalapenos.  I had a side of field greens and added a pickle.  My order came to $10 and I talked to a couple of employees as they made it.  One of them was from Concord (where I live) and was very nice to talk to. I told him how excited I was that I was finally trying my first non-homemade grilled cheese.

I was satisfied in every way. The salad was so awesome! I LOVED the croutons. I'm totally a crouton person and these were awesome. The salad greens were crisp and fresh too.  The sandwich was just as yummy as I expected, and I broke BART rules to eat it on my ride home. Slowly. I wanted it to last and I savored each delicious bite, then recycled the container it came in. I also made sure to send a picture to my husband of my delicious grilled cheese (had to rub it in a little) - we will definitely be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment