Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2014

Arizmendi Bakery, Oakland

7/22/13 (My two year anniversary)

Stopped in here yesterday after a 5K fundraiser around Lake Merritt, ran

And awesome it was. You can order pizza by the slice, half, or whole. I bought a whole to share and the pizza of the day included goat cheese, mushrooms, and fennel. The sourdough crust was perfect for me: thin and crispy. The flavors were great together and everyone really enjoyed it; even those in our group hesitate to try something more exotic than usual.  I fell in love.

We waited in a line that moved quickly to order, and even though seating is somewhat limited we got lucky and found seats at two tables. Unfortunately their credit machine wasn't working so we had to pay with cash. I would have bought two pizzas if I'd been able to use my credit card. It would have made wonderful breakfast today!
 with my wedding party. I think pizza was an appropriate award for completing the event. I had actually suggested Cheese Board to the group since I've never been there, but one of the girls we were with said that they're closed on Sundays, and that Arizmendi is owned by the same people and located even closer to where we were. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment