Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2014

Rosamunde Sausage Grill, Swan Marketplace, Oakland

7/22/13

Favorite item: Vegan sausage.
Oh yum! I actually didn't expect to like this as much as I did but the texture and flavor were both awesome and with some mustard on top it was just like eating an animal sausage.

Rosamunde uses all sorts of animals, including ducks, boar, rattlesnake and chicken (and maybe others?) I like anything with a little spice and the cajun chicken here has a nice flavor, and there was  a little piece of jalapeno on top (I think?) that made me very happy. I would have like to see a little more kick to this. Same goes for habanero chicken. Habaneros are pretty hot. Almost too hot to eat by themselves, but I don't mind them from time to time with a little salt. So I was hoping the sausage would make me rush for water, but it didn't. STill pretty good though.

Least favorite:
My uncle-in-law BBQed me some wild boar ribs once and that might be the only time I've ever had wild boar. The flavor was incredible. So I was hoping for the same amazing taste to burst from the sausage here and it didn't so I was a little disappointed, but at least they have lots of different flavors/meats to choose from.

Ample seating here, but other tables/chairs are also available further down Swan's Marketplace. A good beer selection (and most of the beers had pretty high alcohol contents, which they listed). Very enjoyable spot to hang out!

No comments:

Post a Comment