Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2014

DJ's Taco Bar, Las Vegas, NV

5/29/14

On our last Vegas trip at the beginning of this year I had a craving for tacos. This is nothing new, it happens to me all the time. Thank goodness for a smart phone that helps me with my late-night cravings.

On this particular evening, the craving struck around 11:45 p.m.. We'd already walked around the limited food options at Excalibur's food court, so when we saw DJ's wasn't that far from our hotel we set out on foot.  Running. Then walking fast. Then running again.  We made it up to their window with a minute to spare and were greeted by a couple glances at their clock.

They (thankfully) made us each a couple of tacos and we enjoyed them in the open-air plaza outside their establishment. Tables and chairs and napkins were set up and we enjoyed our food before walking past the dark restaurant back to our hotel.

A couple nights later we returned for more tacos, at a more decent hour.  We went inside this time.  Honestly, the tacos were better the first night. Or maybe they weren't; and I just wanted them more the first night, and I thought they were better because they satisfied my need. But either way, they were good tacos for Vegas tacos!  We never plan to stay at the Excalibur again, but if we're walking around this part of the strip and come across DJ's again I'd definitely make room for a taco or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment