Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2014

Kabuki Springs & Spa, San Francisco

7/30/13
Writing down things that make us smile on our way out
Health & Beauty items for sale
I live a pretty blessed life and I'm very thankful for that. There are a million things that make me smile. I stay pretty busy and sometimes don't take the time to just sit back and enjoy being still.  Kabuki Springs is the perfect place to do this.

Our group of 7 lady friends ended up here at the end of a bachelorette party weekend. The girl at the front desk wasn't very welcoming or friendly and made a bigger deal of us not having a reservation than I felt was necessary. ("Oh youre soooo lucky that we have room for you without a reservation.") We didn't know about calling ahead, but luck was on our side and there was room for all of us.

We each received a locker and disrobed almsot completely. I keep on some swimming bottoms, as did most (but not all) of the other girls. Most of the ladies already in the pools were completely nude, but some had bottoms on too. Sunday is women-only so you can indulge in this freedom from clothing without anything to worry about. Love who you are.

The tranquility was amazing. We sat first in a very large hot tub, and then us brave ones moved to an ice cold pool. All the while we had delicious hot tea and a variety of infused iced water options. A hot dry sauna was a wonderful place to stretch and there was limited seating around the pools for laying down. My favorite part of the day was enjoying the steam room. Bowls of salt were provided for scrubbing, along with cucumbers and ice cold towels. A shower head with cool water is inside the steam room if your'e getting warm but not ready to step out.  All the while, we moved about in silence. Occasional whispers escaped us but mostly I sat with my eyes closed and enjoyed the still. It was so pleasant.

Showers to rinse off are near the exit and a locker room with conditioners, lotions, oil, q-tips, combs, mouth rinse, etc. is provided. We took our time in here and it was hard to put our clothes back on when we were finished. Being naked with one another was incredibly bonding and sensual. Any insecurities were replaced with self confidence. I felt closer to each of the beautiful women I was with when it was all over. Of all the million things that make me smile, having these kinds of relationships with my friends is one of the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment