Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tacos y Tortas El Chivo, Dunnigan

5/23/14


Casey and the taco truck
I love all taco trucks and will brave attempting an order at even the ones I find in very remote locations. Dunnigsn is pretty remote (or at least there wasn't a lot else if this particular exit). So after we got off the freeway here and saw this truck, I definitely had to order a taco.

After being told they didn't have carnitas, my husband and I each ordered one chicken taco.  He asked for sour cream on his only, but we said we could share a plate to reduce waste.

Several minutes later a plate with two hot chicken tacos was handed down to us. The value was good at $1.50 each, but I was disappointed both tacos had sour cream. Also, the chicken had a spicy marinade that we didn't expect, and while I enjoyed it, it was waaay too hot for my husband.

It was nice to get a hot, fresh taco, but disappointing that something had gone wrong for both of us with the order. I'd always rather support local than a fast food joint, but not if my order is incorrect.

Chicken tacos

No comments:

Post a Comment