Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2014

Deschutes Brewery & Public House, Bend, OR

5/29/14

Sounds strange, and maybe I just don't go out much, but I haven't seen sour beer in a long time.  Our local EJ Phairs Brewing in Concord, CA used to carry one but they haven't had it in over a year. So I was really happy to order the New Bruin when we stopped into Deschutes Brewery.  My husband ordered one also ($5 each) and liked the snifter it was served in.

This was the first place in Bend we stopped for drinks. Service was friendly. We didn't order any food but had nice service with the drinks and were thanked by the hostess on our way out. Our friends ordered their Pale ($4.25) and it was really good. I actually finished half of one of their pints when one friend stepped outside to use his phone. 


Bathroom was clean. Floor was clean. The place was great and they did a good job of starting off our weekend o' beer-drinking!

Only (minor) complaint: The lounge area was a little dark inside. I felt like I was in a cave. Not that I love big, bright, artificial lights, but perhaps some holiday lights strung about would brighten it up with a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment