Search This Blog

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Lark Creek, Walnut Creek

5/6/14

After finding our intended lunch destination with it's lights off, my husband and his parents and I found ourselves inside Lark Creek.  I believe my last time dining in here was on my 21st bday (over a decade ago), and I remember lunching on their nice patio out front.

My husband walked in first this afternoon, and a party of four whom we held the door for followed behind him.  Even though the hostess greeted my husband first and saw him enter first, she sat the other party first. We had absolutely no idea why, but perhaps because we were still walking in and not at his side (?)

A black napkin was offered to my husband to match his pants.  Very nice.  Water took forever to arrive but refills were prompt.  Bread was delicious but the single tablespoon of butter wasn't nearly enough for the five rolls. We let our waitress know we had under an hour to eat and she was great about quickly getting out the salad with dad's meal and passing our message along to the kitchen.

Mom's mussel appetizer was spicy and had chorizo bits in it.  The chorizo was a little tough but absolutely delicious. Lots of garlic in her broth which she used the final roll to soak up.  Husband ordered the small meatloaf plate ($14). Perfectly cooked meatloaf (I didn't try any but he said it was great), mashed potatoes, and large asparagus (which I did try and really enjoyed).  I had the large baby kale salad ($10) and was so happy I asked for croutons. They were my favorite part of it, but the lemon dressing and goat cheese crumbles were nice too.

Plates were cleared immediately and check was brought while we were still dining which we really appreciated since we were on the tight schedule (she asked first if we'd like our check with our food - very thoughtful).

Great family lunch date, aside from the hostess blunder.

No comments:

Post a Comment