Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2014

Out of the Park Pizza, Anaheim

7/30/13

"When it rains, it pours" was the story of my life last week. I felt like everything bad possible was happening all at once. An emergency trip to Orange County to see my cousin in Tustin motivated the 7-hr drive from the Bay Area and we ultimately planned to spend the night at my grandparent's in Anaheim Hills. I lived with them for 6 years when I was a child, and have driven down to visit countless times since then. So how is it possible that I had never been to Out of the Park Pizza before this? Seriously - it's so close to their home! We actually stopped at the FoxFire but they turned our sandaled feet away and it was then that we thankfully found this gem on Yelp.

We had been eating delicious food for hours at my Aunt and Uncle's home and the thought of more food was very unappealing. Shaina was bartending and we ended up ordering a pitcher of Hef that I think was about $17. She kept it in the cooler for us when she noticed how slowly we were drinking.


The place was really big and bustled with employees and several patrons. We played skee ball and other arcade games. We talked with people at the bar and then moved on to the pinball machine. Free pool captivated us for a little while as well. Outside we watched a few games of ping pong. We made friends with two guys that told us a little about the place and recommended some pizzas. Carlos and Javier! They were brothers and they were super nice. I love when we're out of town and we meet new friends.  :)  The next guys on the ping pong table were great too. One worked at Medieval Times and we asked him a million questions about his rad job.

Pizza-by-the-slice is available after the kitchen closes but it was almost 11 and they were still open, so we ended up ordering a personal pizza with ranch and avocado and sweet chili chicken (also a BBQ chicken option on this one). I had 1 of the 4 slices. Even though I wasn't hungry I probably could have eaten the other 3 as well. It was really good. Glad Carlos suggested we order something.

So at least one really great thing came out of the weekend. We will definitely be back in this place. We don't get to go down to visit again for a few weeks, but for my husband's 30th bday in August we decided to skip BurningMan and go to Disneyland. (His decision)  :)  So I'm pretty sure a birthday pizza from Out of the Park is in our future!


They have a large screen listing all of their beer and it was very easy to read. That was pretty cool. Lots of TVs as well.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog. Your content is very informative that is useful for us. Thankyou.
    Pinball walnut creek

    ReplyDelete