Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2014

Grapevine Antique Mall, Lebec


7/31/13

I brake for antiques. Even when it's been a long and stressful weekend, and all I want to do is be home in bed, but that's still hours away and the only thing stopping us from being there is the long road. The road and the antique stores. It doesn't even bother me when these great shopping destinations tack on a little bit of extra time to our drive.  Not that I do much shopping. It's mostly browsing for me. I've got enough 'stuff' in my home already thanks to the borderline hoarding influence my mother passed down to me. But I LOVE looking at all the treasures of others: new and old.


This place was bigger than we expected and had a variety of individual booths. Each one had its own theme and you could really feel the unique personalities of the sellers through their items. We had a great time exploring. No purchases.  (Good girl, Amy.)




"One man's trash is another's treasure." No way, baby. It's all treasure if you can be creative enough. I'm not all that artsy but I love when I see items recycled in a much different way than expected. UPCYCLING is actually the term for this art. Browse some images online. And then next time you stop in an antique store, think about this! Some people are so amazing! Make something beautiful!! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment