Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2014

Sapore Restaurante, Concord

7/24/13



We celebrated our one year anniversary on Sapore's two year anniversary. I had seen groupon deals for here before but I stopped in to check it out and was kind of turned off at first glance. I think it was the plastic table cloth covers. For whatever reason, this is what I decided I wanted for our anniversary dinner.

I picked up a bottle of champagne and called ahead to ask what the corkage fee was. I was told they didn't have one. I liked the place already.  I stopped at home and grabbed two candles and the top of our wedding cake, which we'd kept frozen all year. We met at the restaurant and there was only one other table dining so we had our choice of seats.  Miguel was our server and we learned he's the owner. Very friendly.  He suggested the bruschetta as an appetizer. It was very good and we liked the unique balsamic dressing on top. We didn't get our bread and tomato dip having order the bruschetta - so we'll have to go back because that sounds
great.


Husband had an alfredo/sausage dish. It comes with veggies but he requested they all be removed. The sausage was really good in his dish and the sauce wasn't bad. Pasta was cooked perfectly.  My seafood dish with penne (frutti di mare) was $13 and had a surprisingly large amount of seafood. Calamari, clams, white fish, scallops and large shrimp (de-tailed - I don't usually see this - I liked it). The sauce was a red sauce with cheese in it. I would probably put a little more garlic salt in it but it was pretty good as is. However, I'm an over-salter (bad habit), but perhaps some hot sauce would go nicely in it too. Mmmm, hot sauce.

Our dinner was lovely. Our champagne was bubbly. And our dessert.... you ask? The one year old cake stored wonderfully! It was amazing! Everything about our evening was enjoyable. We didn't use the Yelp check-in offer saving us 10% off our meal because Miguel said the business is struggling. He feels it's the location. I agree; I think of Monument and taquerias come to mind over Italian. But he has tacos too!! I told him I'd pass along what I thought of the meal, and there it is. Give a local business some love and check this place out.  Italian pasta not your thing? Try their $1.50 tacos - then tell me how they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment