Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2014

Caffe California

7/24/13

"Oh yes! The sauce has a little bit of kick to it."  Those were my thoughts upon first bite of today's special: Chicken Curry a la Mumbai. It came with veggies and rice, a crispy tortilla thing, and some lentil soup.

Lots of chicken, cooked perfectly (wonder if they could do a veggie version of this, and substitute broccoli for the chicken or something?) The sauce just seemed like it'd be amazing on top of some steamed veggies. It was really good and had just a little kick to it. (I added hot sauce when I got back to my desk at work) but it would have been spicy enough for most people as it was. The rice was good and I mixed it in the sauce. The serving of veggies was oddly very small. Maybe a heaping tablespoon worth, so it was more of a teaser than part of the lunch. It was a cucumber-like veggie salad (cold) and it was good. I had an eyelash in mine but things like that don't really bother me cuz they can happen anywhere. I finished my hot lunch and then worked on the hot, lentil soup. It was really good too.

Even though I would've liked to see a little more of the veggies, lunch was good and it only came to $8.41. The guy at the register was really nice and used my name as he asked if i needed a copy of the receipt. I like the name use. And I like the effort to save paper by not printing all receipts. Plus, I liked the food.

The Caffe is located on California at Pringle. There is some seating both inside and outdoors. If hot soup on a hot day isn't your thing, you can substitute this for a fountain soda. There is also an espresso bar inside.  Lots of other items (sandwiches and salads) on their menu as well. Three different vegetarian sandwiches caught my eye. Usually i just see "vegetarian sandwich". Yay for variety.




Chicken Mumbai and lentil soup

Whoever's cooking this dish did an awesome job. I'd come back for it - especially if I could sub broccoli for the chicken! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment