Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2014

Slightly Skewed Food Truck, Sacramento

5/29/14

I didn't expect a 30 minute wait for rice and green beans at the Pleasant Hill Off The Grid event. So I was even more disappointed when my green beans were served warm, but not hot.  The fried rice balls actually weren't hot-out-of-the-fryer hot either. I wasn't in the mood for meat, and all the other trucks seemed like sandwiches and heavy burgers - this was the only light option I saw.

The line moves fast and is well-organized.  I don't know that I'd wait 30 minutes again though for food after I order.  I bought a box of water and was happy to see they offered this environmentally friendly product, but then was surprised when we food arrived.  The steamed rice had four (4!!) cardboard/paper boats under it, the green beans had 3, and the fried rice balls also had 2! And they all sat on a cardboard tray.  Why the wastefulness here?

Friendly service though and the green beans were tasty, even at room (outdoor) temperature. The fried rice was good too, but could definitely have been hotter.

No comments:

Post a Comment