Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Rowdy Randy's, Auburn

6/6/14

They only thing rowdy about this place is the prices. We walked in to grab a snack for the last 100 miles to Reno and I was disappointed that there was nothing fresh. It's a gas station, I know, I know... so I understood. I'd been hoping to find a 7-11 but since we hadn't, I'd have to make do.

I was again disappointed that there was no fountain soda. I just wanted an unsweetened tea. That was all. But not a small glass bottle for almost two dollars. So I stuck with my warm water in the car.

On to the snacks... $6.50 for a medium sized bag of pistachios? I don't think so. We've been on the road a lot recently and I'd like to recommend that this store purchase their shells elsewhere. If a small market in Dunnigan, CA can sell amazing pistachios for less, and they are more remotely located on the 505 than auburn is, on the 80, fix this problem!

I settled for spending$1.50 on a small package of flavored almonds. Husband bought some Pringles and bugles and a drink. ($8.77 total )

No comments:

Post a Comment