Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Luigi's Catering and Delicatessen, Concord

7/18/13

Ever since my visit to Oakland's Off The Grid event, I've been trying to find a grilled cheese that will satisfy me. The one I had there was incredible and I need another. It's driving me crazy but I can't find thin-sliced sourdough, and I can't seem to slice it thin enough myself.

I stopped in at Luigi's in hopes of finding pre-sliced sourdough (very thin!) but they only had a whole loaf. I took this home (and still was unable to slice it long and thin)  :(  but it was good bread. While at Luigi's I also picked up a few slices of smoked gouda and.... ***drum***roll*** smoked cheddar! Their smoked cheddar was so good! The slices were thick and it was tasty! The smoky flavor was really strong but didn't overpower the cheddar cheese itself. Loved it.

Also grabbed the small sized container and filled it with marinated mushrooms and a couple artichoke hearts. I was starving and ate this before I even arrived home. Total cost of my visit was $17.86, which I thought was a little high for all the items I got and the small quantities, but it was good quality.  Plus, I watched them as they were cleaning while I was there and I like seeing it nice and clean when I'm buying food.  I need to go back and check out their sandwiches. They seemed like the popular thing to order while I was waiting in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment