Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

El Faro Mexican Foods, Concord

6/17/14

I love when places have a meatless taco option. I was excited when El Faro's saw their sign for the dorado special: a crunchy taco with beef and potato inside. Unfortunately, it must be premade and frozen perhaps, before they fry them, because they can't make the taco without the potato (like my

Tacos Dorado
husband wanted) or without the beef, (like I wanted).




Shrimp taco



Casey ordered two carnitas tacos and two of the crunchy dorado. He actually misunderstood the dorado thing and thought he was getting two crunchy carnitas tacos, but he ended up with four tacos.  :)  I ordered one shrimp taco and one no-meat taco.  They were both between $3 and $4 and they were both delicious.

There's no fresh salsa bar, but they have a mild and a warm option at the counter with your chips and salsa, and they were happy to give me seconds of the hot salsa after I ate all of my first serving. They also happily gave me extra limes.



No-meat taco

I enjoyed my food. Only a salsa bar would have made it better. I had a couple bites of carnitas and it was kind of bland, but they did fry it for Casey to crispy it up some and that was good, but I definitely liked my beans and guacamole and shrimp much better. Too bad they don't have a delicious crunchy potato taco on the menu.










No comments:

Post a Comment