Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Milo Lounge, Japantown, San Francisco

7/19/13

A group of us girls were out on foot and Milo's was our first stop for drinks. We have a Milo's Lounge in Concord that we like so we definitely wanted to check this place out. The Concord bar is awesome. The SF bar is not-so-awesome. It's San Francisco and there are lots of bars everywhere so I don't think I'd really ever have much reason to go back in here except for the karaoka perhaps. But I don't do much private room karaoke-ing, so a return is doubtful.

We walked in and sat in a corner. It was pretty dark in the place except for large screens playing funny songs with lyrics. I loved a couple of the cheesy rap ones and got my groove on alone behind my table of girls. We ordered and all I wanted was a glass of house wine. A margarita (for our bachelorette), a sake, and a whiskey (for the girl who was buying this pricey round) were also ordered, along with some other things.

Oh wow.  I imeediately realized she hadn't asked me if I wanted red or white and I had failed to mention red. (We'd already been drinking). So after a while I went up to tell her. The drinks all took FOREVER to come out. The last one to arrive was the whiskey. We asked about it twice and were told that they were "making it". The girl who ordered it was pretty pissed. You "make" it by opening the bottle and pouring some in a glass. Done. It was JUST whiskey.

Cute place with nice decorations and some great bouncers at the front door, but a staff that started off our night of drinking pretty slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment