Search This Blog

Monday, March 17, 2014

Bank of America, Oak Grove Rd., Concord

8/15/13


I have a checking account with B of A but rarely have to go into my bank, thanks to phone technology that allows check deposits, and an independent-ATM close to home where I can make withdrawals.

However, there are certain instances when you need more assistance than an ATM can offer. Like when you want to make a cash offer on a used car, but don't want to respond to a CraigsList ad with a purse full of $20s. So I took my bills into this branch and asked them to be changed to hundreds. This is when I learned you have to bank with BofA in order to make such a request. Not a problem, since I do, but I wanted to know why. I was told they "run low on hundreds" so I needed to get my debit card out and log into my account, as if this magically replenished their supply? I don't get it.

I go into my husband's bank (Chase) and get money changed without having an account. It's never a problem. Wells Fargo will also change bills and neither my husband nor I bank there. I go into the downtown WC BofA branch and get $2 bills without having to show I have an account, and I KNOW they run low on these because they rarely have them. Giving me no reasonable explanation of why I needed to get out my card and enter my pin before they could change my bills is pretty crappy customer service. Piss-poor job of customer relations at this branch. I'll stick to downtown WC next time I have to go in.

No comments:

Post a Comment