Search This Blog

Monday, March 24, 2014

Miraku Noodles, Walnut Creek

3/24/14

I've always known that there was a separate restaurant on the Miraku property, I just never gave it much attention.  Miraku Japanese Cuisine & Sushi is easily seen from Broadway St., but it's little sister in the back, Miraku Noodles, is easy to miss.  They are actually the same building, but are painted different colors to differentiate the two restaurants, have different signs, and customers cannot access one from another without walking outside.

It was pretty warm out as I walked to the Noodle house and I started to rethink my idea of a hot soup for lunch, but I was too curious to turn around. A tiny woman greeted me and sat me in front of a TV broadcasting sports. So far, so good.  She brought me an iced water with lemon and a one-page menu listing the soup and salad selections. I ordered a hot ramen soup with spicy broth.  For $2.50 extra I choose seafood instead of the land animal options.

A small plate of edamame was served complimentary and followed by a lightly dressed bowl of salad. Shortly after, my soup was set in front of me, hot and steaming! Fresh broccoli, bok choy, green onions, delicious ramen noodles, and a very tasty broth! Plus lots of shrimp, mussels, fish cake and more! This was actually the first time I've ever tried a fish cake, and I liked it.

It was a huge serving and I wasn't able to finish the bowl but I was happy to have some leftover.  I took it to-go in the container I brought with me and walked back to work, glad to have tried and enjoyed somewhere new today!

No comments:

Post a Comment