Search This Blog

Friday, March 14, 2014

Lala's Creamery, Petaluma

8/19/13





After lunching on abalone at my in-laws, we went for a hike up their hill and then decided to grab some ice cream downtown.  The booth near the window in Lala's was unoccupied so we grabbed the spot for our party of four before ordering at the counter.

Mom had a single scoop of bubble gum, dad had something with caramel all over it, husband had a chocolate shake and I had a scoop each of mint chip and cookies 'n' cream.

I didn't try the bubble gum but noted there are no actual pieces of bubble gum in the cream. Mom said some places put chunks in but she prefers it without, so she was happy. I had a bite of the chocolate shake and it was very good. It is served with the silver container of extra shake on the side, and amounted to almost two full shakes. Too much - I probably would have split it with him had I known, but honestly I just think that some places have out of control portion sizes, and that's not necessarily a good thing.

My scoops were both good but cookies was definitely the winner. It was creamy and sweet and I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment