Search This Blog

Monday, March 17, 2014

Goodwill, Concord

8/16/13


GoodWill: not just for my BurningMan shopping!!

This place is massive and really well-organized. Husband wanted a couple shirts for work and I found some like-new ones for about $6 each. I picked out several and they were all really nice. No stains, rips, odors, etc. Perfect! Also grabbed a sparkly tank for my little 22 yr old cousin - I actually came in here on her birthday and saw the adorable top. $3 for a gift she'll love!

As I was about to head to the register, I saw a dress hanging that caught my eye. Size 6 it said. I chuckled at the idea of me fitting into it but decided to give it a try. I lucked out as the tag was lying and it fit me perfectly! It is an amazing ruffled and beaded black cocktail dress. $15 was fair, since it was in perfect condition and was almost a custom fit.

At the register I realized husband had my I.D. - I couldn't use my credit card without it. I have "SEE I.D." written on the signature line. I had to use my debit card :( BUT I LOVE that the employee enforced this, even though I tried to persuade her to let it slide. Most places don't even ask to check. Also, there were a couple guys working and they were very polite. I even got called "ma'am" a couple of times. They were moving large carpets and other stuff and were very courteous as they walked by. Good hiring, GoodWill! I was out of there in less than 15 minutes. For a girl who hates shopping, that was a perfect experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment